Sunday, October 28, 2007

5 weeks in: Sibling Rivalry workout




Ok so how to motivate yourself in going to the gym and work out. Back in my 20's i just had to much time to spare. I worked in the centre of Amsterdam, after work i had the same ritual: work out in the Gym at the Rokin and the go out to eat at the Chinese on the Zeedijk. When u are young u actually don't have to work very hard cause in my case there was no excess weight to loose actually only to gain.. Now when u get older u try to find the right combination of loosing weight and growing muscle.
A personal trainer is a very good alternative especially if u have a goal and your PT is actually a very good friend but also an insaine english Rugby player. He can drive u crazy with his slave programm but i have to say it works, but very expensive and u actually have to have alot of self discipline cause its one day with the PT and the rest u do yourself.
So whats the best thing to do if your not happy with your body or u just want to tone it a litlle bit more? Here's my solution: take a sibling, in my case my 12 year younger brother who is just huge cause he works in construction. Take him with u to the gym and try to compete. I have to say it is the best work out ever. And i helps beating him at arm wrestling he was so not amused!!! Hey i guess boys will be boys...

No comments: